The Vermont Council on Reading is looking for mini grant proposals.
Purpose. These grants are to support initiatives by teachers or specialists in schools to enhance literacy instruction within the school.
Amount. The Vermont Council on Reading will award $500 annually. We will accept applications for grants up to $500.00.
Eligibility. Current members of the Vermont Council on Reading are eligible to apply for these grants.
Proposal Form. To apply submit an electronic proposal to Natalie Lodge When sending your application by email, please indicate “VCR Mini Grant Application” in the subject line.
Proposal Organization. The complete proposal should be no longer than 4 pages, and should address each of the following:
- Cover Page with:
- Title of project
- Names(s) of proposal author(s)
- Email, phone, and school address of proposal author who is to serve as contact person if more than one person is involved in the project.
- Description of Project to include:
- Purpose and objectives of the project. These should embody overall excellence in both the quality and the innovation of the idea.
- Goals are realistic and attainable. They reflect improved academic performance or experiences.
- Description of what will happen, when, with whom
- Description of how grant funds will be used (salaries or stipends not allowable)
- Timeline for completing the project
- Statement of value to the Vermont Council on Reading membership
- Budget (up to $500.00)
- Resume (for each proposal author)
- Letter of support from Building Principal
Proposals are due March 1, 2019. Mini grants will be awarded at the VCR Spring Conference for use during spring ’19 – spring ’20 school year.
Sharing. Recipients are asked to complete and evaluation and to consider sharing at a future VCR conference.