The Vermont Council on Literacy is looking for mini grant proposals.
Purpose. These grants are to support initiatives by teachers or specialists in schools to enhance literacy instruction within the school.
Amount. The Vermont Council on Literacy will award $500 annually. We will accept applications for grants up to $500.00.
Proposal Form. To apply submit an digital proposal to Carol Millett. When sending your application by email, please indicate “VCL Mini Grant Application” in the subject line.
Proposal Organization. Submit your proposal digitally using this google form. The complete proposal should be no longer than 4 pages, and should address each of the following:
- Cover Page with:
- Title of project
- Names(s) of proposal author(s)
- Email, phone, and school address of proposal author who is to serve as contact person if more than one person is involved in the project.
- Description of Project to include:
- Purpose and objectives of the project. These should embody overall excellence in both the quality and the innovation of the idea.
- Goals are realistic and attainable. They reflect improved academic performance or experiences.
- Description of what will happen, when, with whom
- Description of how grant funds will be used (salaries or stipends not allowable)
- Timeline for completing the project
- Statement of value to the Vermont Council on Literacy membership
- Budget (up to $500.00)
- Resume (for each proposal author)
- Letter of support from Building Principal
Proposals are due April 1. Mini grants will be awarded at the VCL Spring Conference.
Sharing. Recipients are asked to complete an evaluation. Recipients need to share the work created with the VCL grant within 3 months of completion of the project to be used on the VCR website.